Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Saying goodbye to a way of life

I am saying goodbye to a way of life that I have known for a long time has needed to go. I have created and nurtured an unhealthy relationship with food. Honestly, the scary thing is I'm still not sure what void it fills. So the scarier thought, is as I move forward the voids will become more apparent and therefore I will not only be struggling in regards to my diet, but also with some possible demons. YIKES! As I began to realize I wanted to make this change, and got serious about it, gathering information, filling out forms and placing orders, I also started saying goodbye to all of my favorites: McDonald's, Mikuni's, ice cream sundaes, Strawberry Shortcake at the Cheesecake Factory, spaghetti, El Super Taco, frozen coffees, burgers and fries, and even wine and margaritas. I didn't notice it right away, but as it gets closer, now I've realized I'm saying goodbye to my friends, my comfort. That's exactly what it felt like. Like I was moving, and wanted to be sure to see everyone before I left. This is a bizarre concept for me to accept, because I have fulfilling friendships. So as I said, this will be an extremely difficult and eye opening journey. I'm sure in the next few days, weeks and months, as I struggle, I'm going to need to vent a lot, so come back to see how it's going.

No comments: