Thursday, April 22, 2010

Another Hannah Montana moment

Will she ever stop? If you read about my blog name, you know it was inspired by something we saw on Hannah Montana. My blog tonight is also from something I saw as part of a montage of the show. There was a tender moment where Miley tells her Dad he gave up his dreams for her and he says "Being your Daddy is my dream". -TEAR- This sentiment really summed up my life. I have had a long time struggle with the idea that as a stay-at-home-mom I am not enough. I am not important to the world. I should be doing more. I need to shine. And I think I will always have those moments, but I will not let that thought drag me down or let it make less of who I am. Dreams come and go, dreams change. I am living my dreams. There are a lot of things I wanted to do when I was growing up. I wanted to be an animal trainer, I loved playing school and waitress. As I got older and my talents began to flourish I thought I might want to be a writer and was very interested in helping others by becoming a counselor. But through it all from tea party days to high school days I couldn't wait to make a life with my husband, and be a mother. As life moves forward some dreams are put aside, others have been forgotten, but some are very much alive in our home. I am privileged to have these boys. I am honored to be making a life for them with Aaron. I am blessed to be living my dream.

No comments: