Thursday, September 11, 2008

9-11

As the wife of a firefighter, this day is always somber and contemplative for me.  I pray throughout the day for the families in NY who lost loved ones and the trauma they have endured.  As well as the men and women who were deeply affected by what they saw in the days and weeks after as they worked to rescue their fallen brothers and sisters if connected by nothing other than this horrible experience.
But my heart always settles in on my old friend Nicole who was on flight 93 that day.  I wonder what she went through.  What she was feeling.  How terrifying it must have been.  What thoughts were going through her head.  What those moments were like for her.  She was a young girl, gone way before her time, as were all who lost their lives that day, and my heart just aches for what a horrible time she must have experienced.  I have never been able to bring myself to watch the movie they made.  I don't know if she was a character in the cast or not.  I don't know what evidence they used to make the movie and if it could answer any of these questions I've had.  I just can't.  I pray for all of Nicole's family and all the families so hurt by these events.
NEVER FORGOTTEN
http://www.unitedheroes.com/Nicole-Miller.html

No comments: